Friday, October 5, 2012

Welcoming October with winning sessions



Even though it was one of worst months of the year, the month of September was a winning month at the poker tables.  The good news is that I am already up $1000 for October!  I have been putting in a lot of hours and even though I won in September the amount was a little diaspointing.  It was nice to get off to a good start in October.  I have won $142, $709, and $246 in my three October sessions.  I also won the last day of September so I have a nice little four session winning streak going.

This weekend I will be taking a little time off from poker.  But don't worry, the Disciplined Degenerate will still be gambling.  I am off to Reno for the weekend.  I will be attending the Reno Wolfpack football game on Saturday and sampling Italian cuisine as this is the weekend of the Italian Festival in the biggest little city in the world.  I am also looking forward to watching my Oakland A's play in the playoffs for the first time since 2006.  No matter what happens from here on out I am proud of those kids and their dream season so far.  I was at the final game of the season on Wednesday when they finished off a sweep of the Texas Rangers to capture their 15th AL West crown.  I was one happy A's fan.  The crowd was as loud as I have ever heard it.  It is a game I will never forget.

My Reno trips allow me to get in my blackjack fix as well.  Because I can't beat the game of blackjack like I can at poker I usually bet small.  I usually make $5 and $10 bets.  But when you bet that small you can buy in for $200 and sit there for hours and hours and get free drinks and have a good time.  And on my last trip I actually came home ahead at blackjack (about $100).  You know that gambling is a big part of your life when you play poker all the time and when you take time off you go to Reno for the weekend to play blackjack and watch football games you bet on.

And speaking of football, I went 4-4 last weekend.  It was my second straight week of .500 results.  Unfortunately in the world of sports betting that still means a small loss with the vig.  But I enjoy the action and I bet small, just like I do at blackjack.  So here are my bets for this weekend so far:


2012 Football  23-30-1 -9.3 units

UCLA -2½
Georgia +2½
LSU -2  (two units)
Nevada -16½
West Virgina +7
Fresno State -17
Mississippi +13
Giants -9.5

Disciplined Degenerate

No comments:

Post a Comment