Thursday, June 14, 2012

Grinding and betting on anything

It has been a while since I blogged.  Over the course of time I will try to blog anywhere from 2-5 times a week.  Lately however I have become busy with many personal issues, and in addition nothing spectacular or interesting has happened at the tables or in any of my other gambling. 

I have taken a few days off from poker but still managed to play 7 of the last 11 days.  And I have been betting on basketball (and losing).  But as I said nothing too interesting has happened and I had to take my cat to the Vet a couple of times this week and have been distracted and busy with caring for him.  Without going into all the details he is going to be just fine.  I am happy with that and ready to return to focusing my efforts on the daily grind.

Since there have not been any great stories lately I thought in this blog I would give you just a glimpse of all of the random things that I do bet on other than poker.  All of the following are bets that I have made in the past week or two:

- Tennessee Georgia women's softball game. I won
- The drinking game Caps (like beer pong).  We bet shots and cash.  I lost and got drunk.
- Wheel of Fortune. Me and another poker player each picked a player for a must win bet.  My contestant won!
- Me and another poker player each picked a player in a poker tournament that we were not playing in to last longer.  I lost.
- World Series of Poker Fantasy League. My team is doing well one third of the way through the WSOP.
- Dot racing at the Oakland A's game. Pushed on two games.
- Fantasy Baseball at the Oakland A's game.  Me and a buddy each picked 4 players from the game and won money for various stats.  I lost a few bucks.
- I bet 50 cents to win $12,000 on a baseball parlay.  I didn't win.  Can you believe it!?
- At a Reno Mcdonald's I bet on the over under on how long it would take a cop to remove a passed out drunk with a friend.  I lost.
- In Reno at a street fair I bet a friend in 3 blocks of the street fair that I would find a picture of Michael Jordan in  one of the vendors booths.  I did and won.

So as you can see I like to gamble on a lot of meaningless, arbitrary things.  I rarely bet for big money on these types of things.  It makes life fun and I suggest you try it.

It looks like I will not finish ahead for the season in basketball.  I am very frustrated considering I was down 15 units back in the fall and came all the way back to get ahead about 4 units at one point flat betting.  To now fall into the red with just weeks left in the season hurts.  But, I am only down 6 units and when you consider how I started and the fact that I have bet about 220 games that is not too bad.  This was my first year handicapping basketball and I definitely improved throughout the season.  I also wonder if some of the bets I made in the playoffs were not the best opportunities and I was betting them due to lack of other options.  Either way I enjoyed the challenge and I look forward to next season.  I am also extremely excited that footabll preseason is only months away!

Disciplined Degenerate 

No comments:

Post a Comment